Staying active during extended school breaks is ideal to maintaining a consistent schedule for your child! Keeping a structured daily schedule that includes activities of daily living, community outings, downtime, worktime, and fun are all key components to a well-balanced schedule. Below you can find a list of fun winter activities in the New England area for your whole family! Remember to prepare for sensory stimulation when planning your outings, it may be helpful to contact the event or business prior to arriving to see if they have sensory friendly options or times.
- Ice Castles New Hampshire (January 2022). https://icecastles.com/new-hampshire
- Tubing & Sledding https://www.visit-massachusetts.com/state/snow-tubing/winter-activities/
- Trampoline Parks
- Urban Air (MA: Bellingham)
- Altitude (MA: Avon, North Attleboro, Franklin, Marlboro, Billerica)
- Launch (MA: Westborough, Norwood, Framingham, Methuen, Woburn, Watertown)
- Museum of Science https://www.mos.org/
- Children’s Museums
- Butterfly Place (Opens February; Westford, MA) https://butterflyplace-ma.com/
- Mystic Aquarium https://www.mysticaquarium.org/
- Ecotarium https://ecotarium.org/
Just for Fun!
To learn more, contact us Here today!