Virtual CEU Event For BCBAs
DATE: March 15, 2023
TIME: 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM EST
Number of Type 2 CEUs: 1 CEU
Attendance Procedure: Register via eventbrite link
Total Event Fee per Participant: $0.00
Names of Event Instructors: Kara Guy, M.Ed., BCBA, LABA & Hannah Roy, M.S., BCBA
Event Covers the Following Behavior Analysis Content: Practice, Methodology
Event is Designed For: Both BCBAs and BCaBAs
Event Level: Intermediate (junior BCBA)
Learning Objectives for Participants
1. Operational definitions of compassion, empathy and other soft skills.
2. Learn applicable skills for compassionate care in practice
3. Learn how to embed compassionate care and strength-based strategies into your clinical approach and treatment with families.
4. Understanding self-biases and barriers to successful compassionate care practices.
5. Introduce the Compassionate Collaboration Tool (Rohrer, Marshall, Suzio & Weiss, 2021) and review feedback from clinicians who have utilized this tool in their practice.
6. Reflect on the importance of self-care
Description of Type 2 CE Event:
This CE event will focus on how behavior analysts can embed compassionate care practices into their everyday clinical practice with clients and families. Participants will learn the operational definition of compassion and learn strategies to apply compassionate practices. Participants will be introduced to the Compassionate Collaboration Tool (Rohrer, Marshall, Suzio and Weiss, 2021) and learn how to utilize this tool within their own work as compassionate behavior analysts.